The conference takes place at the University of Southern Denmark in Odense.
Address: Campusvej 55, 5230 Odense M, Denmark.
The conference rooms are located close to the main entrance of the University. Go up the stairs at the main entrance and turn left.
Local transport in Odense
If you are staying in the city centre, you can take a bus from the central train station to the university (bus numbers 41-44 labelled “Universitet”). Busses leave every 15 minutes and take about 20 minutes. A ticket costs 24 DKK. Please note: You pay cash in Danish Krone. Bus drivers do not accept large denominations.
Get off at bus stop “SDU/Hovedindgangen”, (you will see that you are at the university).
For bus times, see http://www.rejseplanen.dk/ (From: Odense st. To: SDU, Campusvej)
Alternatively, you can take a taxi (Tel +45 66154415). Taxis leave from the back-side of the train station. Ask the driver to drop you off at the main entrance of the university campus (Campusvej 55). A one-way trip is approx. 165 DKK (around 22 euros).
You also have the option to use a free city bike. The trip from the central station to the university is about 5 km. There are bike lanes nearly all the way to the university. More information on free city bikes can be found here.
Here you find driving directions to the University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, 5230 Odense M. If you come by car, make sure to use the digital parking registration via self-service Ipads placed by the entrances by the parking lots. Once you have entered your registration number your parking permit will be valid until 23h59 on the same day. Please note that the places directly at the main entrance are only for short-term parking.
How to get to Odense
Odense is located in the middle of Denmark. More information about Odense can be found here.
By train to Odense central station
- Please visit the page of the Danish railways for travels in Denmark, southern Sweden and northern German, rejseplanen.dk.
- For other travels, please visit the website of the German railways, bahn.de
By plane to Copenhagen airport
- The most convenient way is travelling to Copenhagen Airport Kastrup.
- There are regular trains connecting the airport to Odense central station. For details, please visit rejseplanen.dk.
- There are ticket machines available in the luggage claim area of the airport, as well as just outside of the security area once you leave the luggage claim area. Simply go straight ahead, ticket machines, sales assistance and tracks are directly in front of you.
By plane to Billund airport
- From some destinations it might be an option to fly to Billund airport. To get from the airport to Odense, take a bus to Vejle and continue by train from there. For more information on Billund Airport click here.
For your convenience, note that domestic long-distance train tickets bought in Denmark, e.g. a train ticket from Copenhagen airport to Odense central station, will provide you with free access to local public transportation in Odense the entire day of arrival.